Black Cat Games, animation designer (2005 - current)
· Responsible for Drone, Harvester, and Queen boss concepts, encounter designs, prototype gameplay animatics, character rigging, and animations on Alien Swarm: Infested, a Half Life 2 Source-engine game to be digitally distributed end of 2006.
· Built blendable animation clips to keep creature encounters dynamic, but tuned for the game's tactical squad-based combat.
UC Berkeley, CG instructor (summer 2005 - current)
· Taught a comprehensive year-long Maya training program.
· Syllabus: Art 172 Homepage
· Overhauled the design of the curriculum to incorporate real-world production pipelines into an academic setting, from storyboarding to a completed animation.
ESC Entertainment, assistant technical director (2003-2004)
· Implemented published FX, animation, geometry changes, and set decoration etc. in Maya. Ran lighting vis and wedge tests for Mental Ray rendering efficiency.
· Perl-scripted tools for routine tasks.
· Assisted TDs in geometry clean-up, Maya scene file debugging, building lighting rigs, and running RGB light passes for compositing.
· Worked closely with FX producers and artists to maintain shot schedules for the films Matrix: Revolutions, Catwoman, and Constantine.
UC Berkeley, contract artist (2002-2004)
· Lead 3D cinematics artist on the evolving art game Organum, featured at the SF MOMA, the Swiss Embassy, the New Langton Arts Center, the Pacific Film Archive, and at events in Austin, South Korea, and Egypt.
· Prototyped unique interaction schemes in Maya and the Unreal engine to simulate target gameplay and refine UI, using animatics and level mock-ups.